Sunday, April 5, 2009

Quick Finals Note

Internet has been TERRIBLE at my dorm. I'm about to head over to the finals with my friend, but wanted to note that the lack of updates has been due to the tin-can and string connection in my room.

To be honest, I have no idea regarding who will win in the finals today. Watching Stevens, I feel they have the most firepower of all the teams that were at the tournament. However, they did give up spurts here and there due to lack of concentration, and they seem vulnerable to good off-speed shots. Still, when they play at their best, I don't think anyone can stop them.

On the other end Naz REALLY impressed me this year. Leahy was a better setter than I originally remembered, nothing flashy, just good ball placement, scrappy defense, and great leadership. Meanwhile, my original worry of a freshman outside leading the charge proved to be the exact opposite. Billy Gimello was one of the most impressive players at the tournament, NEVER changing facial expressions, no matter what the play. Completely focused at the task at hand. Smart player, great athletic ability. It's scary when you look at someone's poise and the name "Tiger Woods" came to my mind. Overall, I thought Nazareth looked like the hungriest team at the tournament, and hustle beats talent in my opinion.

It's going to be a close game. I'm going to give the veterans the edge and say Stevens in 5. Can't wait to go watch.

No comments: