Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Calm Before the Storm.

Well, we're heading into the home stretch before preseason, and I couldn't be more excited. Unfortunately, the season for the women's team I coach came to an end yesterday, which was sad to see. They worked very hard, and it was sad to see the career of the seniors come to a halt. However, with 10 returners, I know they'll be even stronger next year.

It'll be interesting to see where I fit in the equation. Being a 23-year old student, I'm pretty easily replaced from an administrative perspective. I feel that I brought some good things to the table, but ultimately it's not up to me to decide. I suppose time will tell. Regardless, I enjoyed my time with them and am happy I was able to hop on board with them halfway through the season.

That being said, time to start focusing on my own season. I put in a strong fall in the weightroom, bulked up (you'll sense the sarcasm in a second) to about 175, which is 10 pounds above my typical playing weight. Played in a couple open gyms, and it didn't seem to have any negative effect on my game, plus my shoulder felt as good as it's ever felt.

It seems as if all the drama about fundraising is coming to a halt, and the team can finally concentrate on volleyball. I find myself visualizing it more and more, getting on the floor, stretching with the team, working on drills, and building chemistry with the lineups. Coach seems to have a pretty good head on her shoulders, I'm interested to see what she has in store for us.

4 more days!

No comments: