Friday, July 10, 2009

Italy vs. USA Tonight!

We are less than two hours away from the first serve of Italy vs. USA tonight! Tonight I'll be in the reserved seating, then tomorrow back in general admission. The Sears Centre is a pretty nice facility and viewing will be good from virtually every seat.

I am a bit upset with how I dropped the ball on obtaining a press pass for the event as I could have with some work, but unfortunately my schedule has been unbelievably hectic since my return to Chicago this summer. This has been a true eye-opener to the real world, and although I'm rising to the occasion it sure does make it difficult to fit everything into my schedule. Regardless, I do plan on beginning to write more frequently from this point on, starting with a recap of tonight's match, so keep your eyes peeled for it!

Prediction: USA in 4. I have heard nothing but good things about the EXTREMELY tall line-up with Rooney/Anderson/Hein/Patak. Talk about stealing Russia's style! Last year vs. Bulgaria, the first night was composed of the starting line-up, with the second having more reserves get playing time. It will certainly be a different look than last year, but I look forward to seeing the future of USA Volleyball, with a lot of guys in their mid-20's starting to hit their stride!

No comments: