Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Much Needed Break.

What a rollercoaster of a week. I don't want to dwell too much on the it, but I'll just say this: I finally caught the flu bug everyone else did, and learned the hard way that if a trainer takes your temperature and it's above 100, she will hold you out of the match. Furthermore, she will not warn you of this before doing so. Lesson learned, and next time I'll know exactly where to tell her to put that thermometer!

After watching Elms hand us our first loss at home all season, much reflection was done regarding the first four-game losing streak since my time at Newbury. I haven't played volleyball since last Wednesday, and perhaps that's a good thing. Other than sitting in my bed recovering, I've been reading, cleaning up, doing some homework, calling people back at home, just sort of taking a break, re-charging the batteries. We have a match tonight, and I'm excited to get on the court again, stretch with teammates, get that camaraderie going.

There has been a lot of talk among teammates regarding the last two weeks, and although there has been many different scapegoats for the "downfall", I think what it all will come down to is simple - How bad do we want to win? Yes, we all battled the flu. Yes, my ankle is not 100%. Yes, our chemistry hasn't quite been where it was earlier in the season. We can either dwell on this, or dig our heels in and push even harder, work together, and refuse to let things we can't control affect how we act regarding the things we can.

That being said, I look forward to doing everything I can to be a good teammate the last half the season. Pick teammates up when they're down, chase every ball in sight while on defense, give my all on every point as if it was the last I'd ever get to play.

Daniel Webster at Hellenic tonight. Can't wait!

No comments: